Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten


Well today marked a new beginning for the Templeton family, Mikayla started kindergarten! We were so excited getting everything ready for her big day and she did so well!!! For starters she picked out her own outfit, which was not one that I would have picked, but non the less Mikayla did a wonderful job! In her new blue star t-shirt, blue shorts and Sketcher hi-top shoes, braids in her hair she was ready to beat the day! She did great and surprisingly so did Mommy! I have said over and over that I think daycare really prepared all of us for this day. I am so proud of her and so excited about the rest of her educational career!!! Oh and I can't discount that we were so excited about her new teacher Mrs. Henry (well not new to teaching--she has taught 4 of my cousins and went to school with my aunt Debbie--but new to us).






















































And not to take away from Mikayla's day...but here is a quick snapshot at how my day went...So after dropping off both Mikayla and Dawson Mike and I get home and the A/C in our new Lexus goes out. So I decide to go ahead and drive out to Grapevine to drop it off to get fixed. Well when I get there I waited for all of about 10-15 mintutes and get my rental (mind you this is a nicer and newer Lexus than mine). So I go to work and after work I go out to pick up Mikayla from school. I'm in the parking lot to leave and what do you know...I'm one of "those people" that gets into an accident!!! Yes, I backed into someone in the parking lot (I am the worlds worse at this!!!). So I go to confess to the dealership on what I have done and they tell me it's no big deal it'll probably cost you around $300-$400 to get fixed. So tonight I'm sitting here and started thinking that I have tons to do with work. So I go out to the car to get my work laptop and guess what??? I left it in the rental!!! I seriously hope no one steals this thing!!! So now I'm waiting for Mike to wake up from him evening nap to see if he'll go and pick it up in the morning on his way home from work...please let it be there!!! So just one question...does you start to lose your mind when you lose your children to school? Hopefully tomorrow will bring only good news and another great day for Mikayla and me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment